Saturday 15 May 2010

SARA'S POLISH DIARY

















SATURDAY, 17 OCTOBER 2009

6 o'clock: we leave!

It is the 6 a.m! We leave for 2 weeks!
We will travel for two weeks and we will visit Wien, some cities of Poland (such as Sosnowiec, where we will be guests in the houses of the polish guys, Cracow etc.), and Prague.
I’m in the bus! We will have to arrive in Wiern around 7:30 pm.

It is 3 p.m . We are in Gratz, a city in the south east of Austria. We can stay here for 2 hours, and later we must go to Wien.
Gratz is a beautiful city. These are some photos:

It is 8 p.m . We are in Wien!
SUNDAY, 18 OCTOBER 2009

Wien

Today, the whole day, we will visit Wien. In the morning we will visit the city and in the afternoon we will visit the castle of Sissi (the castle of Schönbrunn).

The city is very big and it is very beautiful! In the morning we have visited “ the cathedral of Saint Stephen” and the centre of the city.
In the afternoon we have visited Sissi's castle. The castle is very big and it is very beautiful.
We have also visited the inside of the castle and the garden.
These are some photos of Wien and the castle of Sissi:

MONDAY, 19 OCTOBER 2009

Poland, Sosnowiec!

It is 8 a.m. We leave from Vienna to Sosnowiec.

The trip lasts around 10 hours.

At 6 p.m. we pass the border of Poland and at around 7 p.m. we arrive in Sosnowiec.
We can’t wait to see the polish guys, that we had hosted in Italy, in May.

When our bus reached our destination, all the polish guys were waiting for us in front of their school.
We and the polish guys were very happy!
We took our bag, and we went at home with our polish friends.

TUESDAY, 20 OCTOBER 2009

Wieliczka and Krakow

It is 6,30 a.m !
I'm waking up!
This is the first day in Kalina's home. Kalina is the Polish girl where I’m guest.

I wake up , I prepare myself and then I have breakfast with Kalina's family.
Then at 7,45 a.m. we go to school by car.

Today we will visit Wieliczka and Krakow.

Wieliczka is an hour from Sosnowiec.
We arrive at Wieliczka, we wait a few minutes and then we go into the salt mine.
Inside the salt mine a person is waiting for us. She will guide us into the mine.

We visit all the mine. It is very interesting.
After the visit of the mine we go to Krakow.

Krakow.
We are in Krakow. Krakow is one of the largest and oldest cities in Poland.
This city is very beautiful!
In the morning we visit the city, the castle, the dragon and other beautiful things of Krakow.

After that we have some free time for us.
In this free time, we go around the city and we visit many shops and we buy some souvenirs.

When I come back at home, we have dinner.
At dinner I speak a lot with Kalina’s parents because they speak English.

It is 10 p.m.
The first day was really fun. I liked Krakow a lot.

Now I'm tired.
Goodnight!


WEDNESDAY, 21 OCTOBER 2009

At school!

Today we are at school!
We visit the school.
The polish guys present the history of Poland. They present also the history of one of the greatest writers in Poland, Kapuscinski.

Then we present a video, that we made for the polish guys. This video presents the days that the polish guys spent in Italy, with us.

Today I have lunch at home.

Tonight we have a party!

I'm at home! I’m just back from the party! The party was great fun! I really enjoyed it!
The party was in a pub, “The Salem”.
We had dinner and then we danced and we enjoyed ourselves a lot.

I’m very happy to be here!

These first two days were wonderful!
See you tomorrow!
Goodnight!


THURSDAY, 22 OCTOBER 2009

Auschwitz

Today we will visit Auschwitz.

In the morning we see the film "The Pianist" and later we go to Auschwitz.

We are in Auschwitz, inside the camp.
The guide explains that Auschwitz is the first concentration camp that was built, and after we visit the other camp: Auschwitz-Birkenau.

We begin our visit in the camp.
In the camp we visited some blocks. In the blocks there are the remains of deportees: glasses, shoes, bags, hair.
We also visited the inside of the gas chamber. Inside of the gas chamber we have seen the crematorium.


Auschwitz-Birkenau.
We are in Auschwitz-Birkenau.
This camp is larger than the first camp. It is very big!
We can see a lot of blocks.
In this camp there is also the railroad.

We walk again.
This is unbelievable. This camp is very big! Farther we can see the gas chamber, that the Nazis have destroyed.

Today was not the usual visit. We have seen how millions of people have been killed.
It was very interesting to visit Auschwitz.




FRIDAY, 23 OCTOBER 2009

Sports and Talents!

Today is the day of talents!
In the morning we go to the gym.

We challenge the polish guys in some sports: football, basketball, volleyball.

I played football for girls! We won 4 to 0 !

In the other sports we lost.

After we went to school to see the talent show.
I think that in Poland there are many talents in singing.
The Polish guys sing very well.
In my opinion the best talent was Magda, a polish girl (where Virginia is guest). She sings very well!

At about 3 p.m. I'm going at home. I have lunch.

I want to say some things about Polish habits: in Poland it is different from Italy. Here we have lunch at 3 p.m. and dinner at 6 p.m. But for me it is not a problem. I have already got used to it!

After I had lunch, I talked with the parents of Kalina. They asked me some questions about Italy!

And tonight we will go in a pub with the other guys!


SATURDAY, 24 OCTOBER 2009

Katowice

Today we are free!

The polish guys have decided to take us to Katowice, in a big shop!

Kalina and I arrive in Katowice at 12 a.m. and here we meet Eriada, Ewelina, Monika, Diletta, Kasia and Viola.

We are in the store! It is very big!
We take the map of the store so we will not get lost!

Inside this mall, there are about 200 shops!
It's very beautiful here!
We visit many shops and also we do some shopping!

At 6 p.m. we meet again at the entrance and we go home!

I’m very tired!
These are about seven days that I walk never stop! But this is not a problem! I'm having so much fun!

Today I bought some presents for my parents and some things for me. For example, I bought a very beautiful pair of jeans!

At about 8 p.m. we are at home! We have dinner and then we go to the same pub, “The Salem”!
At about 11 p.m. we come back at home! I’m really tired! I take a shower and I go to sleep!

Tomorrow I will have to walk again!
Kalina has decided that I can visit Krakow again! I'm happy! I like Krakow a lot!

Goodnight!


SUNDAY, 25 OCTOBER 2009

Krakow

We are in Krakow! I’m with Kalina, Monica, Diletta, Kasia, Viola, Kasia and Clarissa.

We go around the city, we go shopping and we buy some presents for our friends.
We walk a lot.

About 6 p.m. we come back at home by train!

Tomorrow it will be a week that I’m in Poland.
I’m so happy.
Kalina's parents are very good and very kind. They ask me many questions about Italy and I am happy to say.
They ask me "What is your favorite singer?" or "What kind of music do you listen to?" or "What is the name of your football team?" And many other questions. I am happy to tell them about these things.

And I’m very happy to be a guest in Kalina’s family.


MONDAY; 26 OCTOBER 2009

Silver mine and Swimming pool

We are in the silver mine.

The guide speaks English. For me it is not very easy to understand, but I understand some things.
We enter into the mine of silver. Here it's cold!
The ceiling of the mine is very low and we wear helmets.
We walk inside the mine.
The guide explains the history of the mine.
We take a boat that carries us through the mine.

After visiting the silver mine (that I liked), we're going to the swimming pool!
The pool is wonderful. There are various types of pools.
We're having so much fun.
We spend two hours in the swimming pool and then we go home.
Today I had a lot of fun.


TUESDAY, 27 OCTOBER 2009

Mountains

We are in the bus.
We are going to the mountains.

We get there. We take the cable car.
We go into a hut where we stay about an hour and we have lunch.
Then we take the cable car again and come back down.
We take the bus again and we go to another place.

When we arrive, some horses with carriages are waiting for us.
We take the carriage, that take us in a small house in the mountains.
Here it is very cold and there's snow.
We come into this small house.
Inside we can eat. We take the sausages and cook them on the fire.
After we eat them! the sausages are very good!

After eating, we go outside and play with the snow.
Then we take again the horses and go back to the bus.
We come back home.


Today was a very beautiful day.
Today was the last day in Poland. Tomorrow we are leaving for Prague.

I miss the Polish guys a lot.
I had a great time with them.
I think that there wasn’t a visit that I didn’t like! I liked all the visit.
For me the visit to Auschwitz was very interesting. I liked Krakow and other visits.

This week has gone very quickly.
The family was the best.
Before coming to Poland I was afraid that I'd been a guest in a family.
I don’t know why: different habits, different times, I thought I wouldn’t feel very well in a family.
But this isn’t true. I have been very well. Kalina's family has been very kind to me and I thank them for everything.
This was a very nice and interesting experience.
WEDNESDAY, 28 OCTOBER 2009

Bye Poland!

Now it’s 10 a.m.

We say goodbye to our polish friends.
Some people cry. We will miss them a lot.
We get on the bus.

… we're leaving! Bye Poland!
we're going to Prague.

It is 6 p.m.: we are in Prague. We go to the hotel and then we go around the city.
Prague is very beautiful.

Tomorrow we will visit the main monuments of the city.


THURSDAY, 29 OCTOBER 2009

Prague
Today we visit Prague.
In the morning we visit the main monuments of Prague and in the afternoon we have free time.
In the afternoon I go around the city and buy the sweatshirt of Prague, and a present for my brother and my cousin.
Then I come back to the hotel!
Tomorrow we go back home!

FRIDAY, 30 OCTOBER 2009

We come back home!

It is 8 a.m.! We come back home.

We leave at 8 a.m. from Prague. I think that we will be in Pontedera after 15 hours!

At 5 p.m. we stop in Innsbruck, a small and beautiful city in Austria.
We visit the city and we get on the bus again.

It is 12,15 p.m. : we are in Pontedera!

This was a wonderful experience.
I will miss those wonderful days.
I did not think that I would have enjoyed it so much.

… and Monday we will be back at school!

Bye!

Sara Salvini

No comments: